Updates

You may have noticed that I'm not blogging a whole lot recently. I took down the old blog because I wanted to streamline the content and make it more focused on my work and less on the eclectic thought rambling that it had become.

I'm still very proud of The Anahita Chronicles, at the moment I am re-editing them from the original first draft with plans to re-release the entire trilogy after April of this year when the rights return to me. On that note, if you want a first edition, better get your copies now. The new editions will have new cover art and new forwards and afterwords and all that jazz. The content will be essentially the same, with no significant story alterations. As it is next to impossible to sell a book once it has been published without much financial success, I will be self-publishing that series for the immediate future. I will certainly consider serious offers from publishers however. The reviews were wonderful (4+ stars Amazon & Goodreads) and should only improve after the current revisions are complete. I believe now as always that my undoing was only a lack of promotion.

If you are following my career, you may also be wondering about the film project I teased last fall. Shooting is on pause for the winter, I live in a very cold area of the British Columbia interior, and there is a couple feet of snow outside, this makes movie making unpleasant, so we decided to wait until spring. I have found a wonderful cast of actors and phenomenal behind the scenes support, but the budget is non existent and some tiny details are yet to be figured out (editing for example). So don't hold your breath, but I am excited to get back to work on it.



Book I of my fantasy series is complete and finished edits, and I am going to start submissions soon to publishers. Wish me luck, it's a highly competitive market. Sadly, there is not to my knowledge (or the Canadian Writer's Market's knowledge) a single agent in Canada that handles genre fiction, they all want Lit Fic. BOOOOOORING. Meh, I'll figure it out.

I have a new book in early production and by the gods do I ever love the concept. What I can say now is that I have been needing to write something more fey, more goth, and more wonderful, but my heart lives in science fiction. That was a difficult river to contemplate, but I found just the right way to cross it. I imagine the finished book will be rectangular and made of mostly paper.

I think I'll put a couple more of my short stories back up here. Look for those soon. Thanks for reading! 

Samuel Blondahl

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Le Prédateur Annette

2023 Halloween Horror Serial

Part XII COMING SOON! - 2023 Halloween Horror Serial.